Wednesday, July 22, 2026

gratitude reminder



About my gratitude post yesterday... last night I was walking the dog and we walked out the door to this deer that was eating in the clearing behind my shop building. The grass is lush in the area of the woods; that we cleared all of the mountain laurel out of and exposed a spring and cut a drainage path back down to the main creek that runs across our property. The deer like to graze there in the mornings and evenings. It's a beautiful shaded area. To think this was completely overgrown when we bought the place and now it's an area that you don't have to crawl on your knees to get through. 

It's easy to not realize ALL of the things that one has to be grateful for as we strive for MORE or BETTER or I WANT. If we don't stop; to look around and to watch, we fail to see the things that are right in front of us. If life is moving too fast it begins to prevent us from being capable of seeing. The deer made me stop and realize that I have all I have ever wanted right there in that singular moment and reminded me that I need to show gratitude for those things which have been given and how I have been provided for.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment