Wednesday, March 24, 2010

narrowed and slammed











I worked on cleaning my studio yesterday. I decided to get rid of a bunch of stuff; put some things on c-list. I came across the narrowed bus beam that I had started a while ago. Today I had to keep the sculpture studio open for some students who needed to work over spring break, so I decided to work on finishing the beam. I narrowed the beam 4 inches and made new side plates. I ground those to fit and welded them to the beam. I also welded in the torsion adjusters and re-welded the steering center pin. It turned out pretty well and I've already started on the flipped spindles that will give me 2 inches of drop. I'll hopefully finish those tomorrow along with blasting the wheels (burned the old paint off of those today as well, and blasted a few- super easy now). Maybe I can get some powder on all of this soon.




No comments:

Followers