Monday, January 10, 2011

aermacchi






I finally made a gear puller for my aemacchi harley davidson sprint engine (the motorcycle that Jill bought me for my 21st birthday). I had damaged the case long ago and it needs a major repair. Splitting the case was necessary so I could properly weld the cracked area. I had a stubborn gear that refused to budge from the crankshaft, so a gear puller was in order. I put the puller in place and tightened it up a bit, tapped the puller shaft and "POP" went the gear. I split the cases and found the damage. Luckily the broken pieces were still lingering in the case and hadn't been pulverized and the metal particles distributed throughout the engine's moving parts. Disaster prevented. Now I just need to clean, weld, and reassemble...


No comments:

Followers