Saturday, September 10, 2011

casper tune up




I spent some time today, working on Casper. I cleaned up some stains in the paint, switched from the Rossi lights back to the original style headlights and installed my swan neck mirrors (passenger side not installed in the pic above). I also installed my shifter lock and the new outside (lockable) door handles. Most of the day was spent doing non cosmetic things like taking off the carb and cleaning it and then messing with it after re-installing it. Casper had been giving me mild idle problems when I drove him back from Pec and I wanted to try to fix that. After toying with the carb I figured I should check points and timing. It turns out that the points were in desperate need of proper setting. I also adjusted the timing statically (gotta love John Muir) and I think we have a proper idle now. I also went ahead and fixed some ripped and leaky valve cover gaskets. Next week will be a complete brake overhaul; have also been soaking the original adjustable front beam in hopes of re installing it so I can tuck the front end a bit. Stay tuned....







No comments:

Followers