Sunday, November 27, 2011

teamwork



The boys are using the proprietary Volkswagen Beetle jack to lift the Beetle pictured here. The jacking point was built into the "pan" (or frame) of the car so it could be lifted without crushing or damaging the sheet metal frame of the car. The jack itself is an amazing design as well. 

The last few weeks at school have been tough and I was hoping some time off would have made me feel better. It didn't though. Teaching is going well and I really enjoy my students this semester, but it's all of the other junk that has me down. I'm wondering if I can put up long term with all of the "high school student council stuff" combined with the "Survivor" (as in... reality tv) mentality of the people I work with? It seems a lot of people like to sit around and talk too much and point fingers at others. I guess the world just needs more people who will stop talking and who are willing to get their hands dirty so they can take their turn at the jack.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't let the bastards get you down, Frankie!

Far too many people, in all areas, behave like they are still in high school. I think it's a little more shocking/upsetting in an academic environment, because the people there are supposed to be committed to helping others. Some places are worse than others, and uncertainty always makes it worse, but I'm pretty sure the only way to completely escape it is to run your own business/organization and then only bring in people who are willing to "take their turn at the jack."

In the mean time, there have to be a few people who are willing to work, right? Maybe just one?

Frankie Flood said...

Thanks! I needed that!!

Followers