Friday, August 17, 2012

cutter mock-up







I worked on manually milling the scaled up swing arm after getting the main sections of it machined on the tormach. There was an area that needed pocketed for the shock mount and I needed to reduce the thickness of the mounting section and the Bridgeport served this purpose. I then moved to turning some brass bushings and making some small hardware to join all of the parts together. The shock was turned from brass on the lathe and the mounting ends "flattened" on the manual mill. I still need to make some adjustments to the handle by drilling and tapping for some swing arm end stops, but here are some mock-up shots. The wheel spins really well! I just need to finish the small details and then I can be back to polishing and getting ready for anodizing.



No comments:

Followers