Tuesday, August 28, 2012

toolbox/seat






A few weeks ago, while visiting home, I went to an engine show with my dad and brother. I took a few shots of the seat where I used to sit when I farmed with my dad and grandpa. The WD45 toolbox on the fender was reserved for me, although I think the one I sat on was a bit more dented. I have a lot of strong memories that are churned up when I see a WD45. Thoughts, sounds and especially smells. The old tractor had a particular smell of oil, gas, grease, and soil that has never left my memory.







1 comment:

Have Blue said...

Memories of my own childhood as well - I'd always sit on the fender of dad's tractor on a ride through the field. My grandpa had a number of tractors as well, and I loved cruising down the gravel roads of northern Wisconsin with him on them.

I'll also never forget the smell of the steel shed where he kept his trucks and tractors - that very same scent of oiled machinery that you describe.

Followers