Sunday, December 9, 2012

printed lower test






I couldn't let Have Blue have all the fun...

 I took a printer home with me and I showed Dad how we could print a lower for him. I didn't get it situated correctly on the bed so it didn't all print (thus it's not useable), but I mainly wanted an excuse to test the support settings in Slic3r. The support worked beautifully. This printed in around three and half hours with minimal infill, so I was actually surprised by the strength and finish. I think I could print a super awesome one with the MendelMax.





1 comment:

Have Blue said...

LOL! I bet your dad got a kick out of it! I've been really interested to see how well/easily the support removes from a single-material printed lower compared to using a separate support material.

Followers