Tuesday, March 20, 2018

penland community open house 2018

The following photos taken by Penland staff photographers:





My photos below:









Three weekends ago, I attended the annual Penland Community Open House. I attended this event last year and I absolutely love it! It's a great day to engage with the local community at Penland and possibly spark some young (or old) person's interest in creating things. This year we cast small pewter spinning tops. One of my students, Alex Page, volunteered in the Metals studio with me. She did a great job and I think she had a great time. It was so good to reconnect with Jay Fox and see several of the residents and coordinators. I will be sure to make this an annual event to volunteer and hope to bring more students in the future.




No comments:

Followers