Monday, May 16, 2022

first day of summer

 









First day of Summer 2022: My grades were due today. I met up with one of my students, Maggie, who needed to finish a teapot for the Metal Forming class I taught. Students only had a couple of weeks to work on this and so we started with a found object for a handle. Maggie chose a chrome side mirror base from an antique store. The rest of the teapot was shaped from copper and TIG welded. I told Maggie to just focus on getting the form created and we'd worry about the base and finish after the semester was over. We met up today to powder coat and then she'll have to figure out how to make the base (which is currently in plasticine). This is going to be a sweet little teapot when it's complete.

I'm not teaching this summer; for the first time since I started teaching. I made a list of things I want to accomplish. It's a monster sized list but the first week will be good for wrapping up loose ends. Stay tuned...









No comments:

Followers