Sunday, February 26, 2023

penland community open house















Yesterday I attended the Penland Open House and I had several students attend as well. I started volunteering at the open house each Spring since I moved to North Carolina. It's been three years though since Penland the last open house due to COVID. It was a rainy day, but we still had around 400 people attend. Jill and the girls came down to participate as well. I worked in the Metals Studio and we made roller printed pendants/keychains. Nadia had made some cool etched steel press plates using a spray paint rests and the laser cutter. I worked the Roper Whitney punch station and helped participants place holes in their pieces of copper. It's always fun to see my students assist with these kinds of events and it makes me proud to see them sharing their time and their skills.





 

No comments:

Followers