Saturday, March 9, 2024

lisa clague


















This past week my colleague, Andréa Keys Connell arranged to have visiting artist and ceramicist, Lisa Clague visit the ceramics area. I snuck out of class and took my metals students over to see Lisa's demonstration. It was awesome to hear about how Lisa uses steel in her work to allow her to do some of the things she does in her sculptures. Her use of slabs to build the figurative work was really great and I was totally inthralled by how she does the fabric folds. It's so rewarding to see someone work, who really knows their material and who has figured out so many amazing things about process.

In addition, I am so happy that I have a colleague like Andréa. She is a top notch human being. She is so compassionate and such a good teacher.

No comments:

Followers