Saturday, July 25, 2026

pizza




I made a few pizzas last night. The cheese sticks were pretty amazing. 

The last inch and half up to the crust on the cheese pizza was incredible in terms of flavor, but the dough up to that point was undercooked. 

Then the pepperoni pizza was overcooked as a result of me trying to make sure the dough was good. 

Lesson learned: cast iron cooks a pizza like this WAY better than my steel pan (at least in my oven). I still can't get my dough quite right. I think it may be the altitude messing with the recipe I'm using. The dough is not rising as much as it should and it's a bit too heavy. I think I need a higher water content too as this dough was dry and then I didn't get the pockets of air that I should have gotten inside the dough. The dough is going to take some tweaking. I do however like the addition of the wheat flour to my usual bread flour. It just gives it a little more flavor.



 

No comments:

Followers