Tuesday, July 28, 2009

seat transition/ headlight rock guard








Eric and I discussed the seat yesterday. Sounds like he's going to make a cover out of some leather. He's planning on forming it so there is no exposed stitching which sounds great to me. We also talked about making some leather grips. It might resemble this home brew hammer handle.

I worked on the cutters more today (pics to come soon). I took a small break and worked on a seat/tank transition and attached it to the seat section. It worked out well and only took a couple seconds to make since I used an existing piece of steel that I had.

I also decided that the headlight needed a rock guard. So I fabbed this one out of some steel wire I had. I was going to cover the entire light surface with the small rods, but I kinda like it the way it is. I'm not sure though... I may continue with more rods; but I have to get back to work on the cutters.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm starting to feel where you're going with this... very exciting! Between you and Mike, I definitely feeling the pressure to step things up.

Unknown said...

Frankie... check out the grips on this amazing bike: http://twitpic.com/dmbdr

Frankie Flood said...

yeah! that bike was built here in Milwaukee. Dave Cook Customs. Thanks.

Followers