Monday, July 27, 2009

tool building w/ e





Eric came up on saturday. We went to the studio when I was finished with the open studio workshop on campus. He made some clay tools from some basswood that I had lying around. I worked on pizza cutters while he played with making a turntable. We sat around and talked craft too; of course. The tools he built were inspired by this. Chris E. shared this with me and I've passed it along to a bunch of people. The hand skills are amazing.

Speaking of workshops: I mentioned in an earlier post about Charles and Michael; they both took a couple of my workshops this summer. I just spent a bunch of time pouring over images on Michael's blog. If you're interested in Taig stuff, you will find some great ideas here, not to mention other writings on making stuff. Same thing with Charles' blog. He is working on building a robot. I can't wait to see this come together.

No comments:

Followers