Saturday, July 11, 2009

vcu visit


Just got back from VCU. I had a great time with the students there and Natayla and Susie were great hosts! A big thanks to Dana for  seeing to it that our stomachs were filled every morning before we headed off to school.  As I mentioned Susie and Natalya really great about making me feel welcome. The talks we had about the field and life were great! I was amazed to see their personal studios. Natalya continues to work in the manner in which she did when we were in school together; super organized and prolific! She always has enough “raw material’ to make sure she can configure new and inventive pieces. Susie was kind enough to take us to her studio, where I was able to experience a serious case of tool envy. I swear we were separated at birth! Check out some images from both of their studios....

No comments:

Followers