Saturday, September 26, 2009

shovelhead


Noah and I were on our way home from the studio tonight when we spotted this shovelhead parked along Oakland. I'd seen this bike parked on the street three times during the summer, but it was always late at night, when it was difficult to see or photograph. When I saw it for the first time, I thought that it was a great example of a period chopper. All of the styling cue were there. It wasn't until I got up close to it tonight that I realized how "period" correct it is. Check out the sculpting of the tank, the split rocker boxes, goodson air cleaner, front spool hub, toolbag, sissy bar, stepped seat...... everything about this bike is just right. I love this thing!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The first thing that came to mind when i saw these photos was "Man... somebody loved that bike."

Frankie Flood said...

Yeah you're right.

I'm just curious if this was built back in the day or if it was built to look like it recently?

Followers