Thursday, August 5, 2010

family


I just finished up the workshop series last night. Each year I am awe struck by the number of interesting people that I have to opportunity to come into contact with and to learn from. I never thought that teaching these workshops could be as rewarding has they have been.

One of the workshop participants gave me the mug above (so kind of her). She's a doctor/teacher but also a ceramists who is quickly becoming a metalsmith. Both of her daughters attended the workshops and they were all a joy to have in the classroom. Their connection as a family was a joy to witness. It reminds me of the importance of keeping children involved in constructive activities and sharing in experiences that help to shape the adults that they will become.










No comments:

Followers