Saturday, July 16, 2011

aluminum anodizing: sulfuric acid









The new aluminum anodizing sulfuric acid bath setup I made is working out great. I decided to use some 6062 sheets in place of the lead sheets and it works great. I welded a 1/4" round rod to the curved (slip rolled) plates. The rod completes the connection between the two plates without needing to connect them with wires and I can clip directly onto the rod with the alligator clip. The rod seats down in a groove in the bucket. The bucket features a screw on lid and seal wonderfully (McMaster Carr for shipping hazardous chemicals). The bus bar was made from the al square stock. I tapped 1/4-20 holes for stainless bolts (bolts not shown in these images) and then it clamps on with some leftover al clamps from an old scroll saw stand. I had no troubles with this at the workshop; glad I made it!








No comments:

Followers