Saturday, July 16, 2011

dan krueger






I met Dan Krueger today at an anodizing workshop that I did for CMAG. I had seen his work on Crafthaus a while back when he was a featured artist. I commented to Jill about how much I liked his work (cheese grater and pitcher shown above). There's just something about it; it connects with me...

It was cool to connect with him and to "match the work to the person". He's a really nice guy and I had a great time talking to him about the U of I and all things Metal. Right now he inhabits my old studio in Chambana (I have fond memories of that first U of I studio). It was cool to hear about the latest from the old building. (Side-note: So surprised to hear that Frank is retired and no longer the technician there. I am sure he is missed deeply! Good to hear Larry is still on staff and keeping the place clean.). Anyway, after chatting with Dan, I'm convinced that we could have been separated at birth. So cool to see his old truck too (maybe I'll get some pics of it tomorrow. so you can all see it). Teaser: It's black on the outside, red on the inside, and has metal interior door panels; so cool. Did I mention he rebuilt the 350 and lowered it himself; ya gotta love and respect that! 









No comments:

Followers