Sunday, September 25, 2011

medallion face - real world



I ran the mill over the second medallion face that I had cast and it came out decent, but there were just a few places that I wasn't happy with. I decided to take the best cast piece and focus on cleaning up the flashing and small amount of bubbles by hand. While I was at it, I separated some of the buildings that were still solid due to the small space between them and the end mill being too large when we cut the original wax. I think this one is actually going to look better than the re-machined one. We thought about making a new medallion face from billet aluminum, just to make sure that the anodizing turns out. I created the cut program for this, but the machine time and delicate end mills have me thinking differently now. Hopefully the cast one will anodize, because I'm stuck on having it colored after seeing the renderings.







No comments:

Followers