Thursday, January 19, 2012

yo yo machined






I machined the yo yo halves this week. I still need to round the bronze "flywheel" rings, make the axle, fit the bearing, and make the twisted string. Then I can take it for a spin, then start the clean-up, document it, and then ship it out.

I've been wanting to make a yo yo for a while. My Dad and I made a yo you when I was in grade school. It was a wood one and if I remember correctly Dad used the drill press as a lathe to make it. It seems that we always had to make due with what we had, but the coolest thing was there was nothing that we couldn't make with the limited tools we had. And then the pure enjoyment of taking my yo yo to school and knowing that there wouldn't be another one like it... priceless.








No comments:

Followers