Monday, February 13, 2012

wrench prints


CAUTION: Don't move things until they have had a bit of time to dry. This bed full of parts printed in 45 minutes. I had stripes on the first tests, but changed out the print head and all is good now. Just need to learn to be patient before excavation. I used the newer zcorp software on this batch and set the layer to .003 to see if I could get things a little finer. I'll try some taller pieces and see what the result is. I think with longer print times, will come time for the part to dry AND maybe I'll have to experiment with new binder. The stuff I have says not to use after 2008....




4 comments:

Have Blue said...

I seem to recall that you can set the saturation levels to use more or less binder - maybe really hose it down and see if that helps?

The powder itself being less-than-fresh probably isn't helping things either, it definitely looks like progress.

Frankie Flood said...

i'll have to check out the saturation levels. I tried being patient with the drying,but these were still fragile. I did try out the paraffin tank and it's AWESOME! I'll post about it soon.

Have Blue said...

Honestly, the paraffin tank has had me more excited than the printer itself. Can't wait to see what your results were with it!

Frankie Flood said...

Yeah, me too. I dunked some of the fragile pieces i printed today and they emerged strong and solid. So cool to be able to just drop them in and then pull them out and have them be strong.

Followers