Wednesday, July 17, 2013

my sidehack




I picked up a sidecar on Sunday afternoon. It's a Chinese CJ750 frame with a steel body. The CJ750 is a Chinese copy of the IMZ M-72 (Ural) which is a copy of the WWII R71 BMW. It's in really great shape. It has a spacious trunk and the seat, tonneau cover, and floor matts are in excellent condition. I got a spare tire mount and a bunch of other accessories with it and my spare beemer wheel should fit perfectly on the back. I'm tracking down the needed BMW mounts, and hopefully I can get it hooked up to the slash 2 soon. I can't wait for winter now!! I'll have to look for some storage cases, possibly a shovel, and hand warmers and maybe build a rear rack to mount over the spare so I can strap supplies to the back. It's going to be cool to have it for Milwaukee winters. Now I can ride year round ... hopefully!!







No comments:

Followers