Friday, July 12, 2013

ring a ding















I had to repost these photos from Deus; they were just too good. I've had a long history with motorcycles of the two stroke variety over the years (Yamaha DT's, Kawa H3, Hodaka, a couple RM Suzukis, a Rokon, Kawa KT, etc. ... during the last several years, and three Montesas at the moment). The R_Diddies above also remind me of Eric's "wheelie machine" that he had when we were at the U of I. I have fond memories of the smell of castrol premix in the woods when we were at trials events; there's just something about those smokey bikes and "getting on the pipe". The simplicity of working on a 2  stroke engine is really something too. It's like the fixed gear bicycle of the motorcycle world. Simply what needs to be there to function; nothing more.



No comments:

Followers