Sunday, September 8, 2013

grm bultaco



GRM (Grapevine Racing Motors) framed bultaco. These rigid frames were built by Bill Grapevine of Leon, Kansas during the U.S. trials boom of the late 60's and early 70's. Bill was also the creator of the GRM Trialsmaster. The GRM Trialsmaster was produced in Mexico by Islo motorcycles and was built to Bill's design and specifications. Very few were produced; but I have one with an extra engine as well.  I would love to find one of these rigid frames for my extra Islo engine. Bill was also a pioneer in bicycle trials. He designed and built a 26"x24" trials bicycle for a young Ryan Young during his brief stint in competitive bicycle trials in 1986. Ryan later went on to be quite competitive in motorcycle trials competition.




4 comments:

edgar ruiz said...

do
you have any parts for sale?

edgar ruiz said...

i will like to ask you a few questions regarding grms
you can callme at 4797743740 my name is edgar

Unknown said...

I have the rigid frame islo with the 350 bultaco motor in it as well as a stunning original trialsmaster. just found these 2 about a month ago. jay gaard

Frankie Flood said...

Hey Jay. Thanks for posting. Do you have any pictures of the these? I've been wanting to build a replica rigid for quite some time. Shoot me an email at frankieflood@gmail.com if you get a chance.

Followers