Friday, September 27, 2013

makerbot
































My new Makerbot Replicator 2X finally came in today. Here's an unboxing and set-up for those of you who are interested. I just set one of these up for one of my colleagues here at UWM so it was pretty easy to get mine put together. It's a nice machine. The SD card reader is a good feature and the display is easy to use. The bed leveling sequence is a really nice feature as well. So far I'm pleased with it. I'm anxious to try it's support features as well as the two color printing set-up.




2 comments:

arthur hash said...

We setup up ours about a month ago and then immediately ordered more (2x and scanner). We are working on buying a couple afinia printers. We had few problems here and there. Let me know if you run into any hiccups.

Frankie Flood said...

good to hear, that you're happy with yours. We're trying to decide if we should get a larger Stratasys or just a bunch of Up!'s or a bunch of Makerbots. The service contracts on the large machines scare me. as does buying filament from the manufacturer.

Followers