Tuesday, September 10, 2013

prusa i3 kit parts


I've been printing some Prusa i3 parts for Noah and my nephew, Drew. I'm going to give them each a kit of parts, complete with laser cut wood frame, for them to be able to build their own printers. I think having a kit will teach them more than handing a completed printer over to them. The FDM 200 went down today though. Power went off and the cooling fans inside melted. I guess the heat inside got too high. Usually the fan stays on once you power down so the machine has a cool down period. I wouldn't have thought that it would have been enough to melt the blades on the fan, but it did. HVAC at Kenilworth has been on the fritz too so maybe that helped. I'll do a tear down in a couple weeks and see if I can find some replacements.




No comments:

Followers