Tuesday, May 27, 2014

grasshopper gauntlets

I've been teaching myself Grasshopper these past few weeks. This is my second attempt, and I have to say that I am finally getting the hang of it and feel pretty good about applying what I've learned. These two gauntlets were generated using a voronoi script definition that I put together. I can vary the opening size as well as the number of openings. I thought this might be nice for a more breathable gauntlet design. I will begin applying this to other parts of the hands we are making very soon. I see that Grasshopper is going to be a great iterative tool for me in the design process and that it will be a valuable addition to my teaching. I think that the students in the new Digital Fabrication and Design tract will really benefit from this as well.

No comments: