Thursday, August 21, 2014

goodbye sc















Well it is with a sad tone, that I write this post. I sold the Single Cab to Chris in California. This year of sabbatical (with half the normal salary) has been taxing on us financially and it just made sense to sell the SC. It was, in no way, an easy decision to part ways with it. Once I talked to Chris on the phone though, I felt a little better about the decision. His family situation sounds familiar to me and I know the SC is going to a great home. He's a die hard VW junkie for sure. 

It's honestly surprising that I have been able to protect my numerous project cars and bikes for so long. I talk to so many people who have been forced to "give up" everything they have when kids and mortgages enter into the equation, so I count myself lucky to have only a couple casualties this year; It could have been worse. Nevertheless, I am going to miss the SC. Hearing Maya say "splittie bus" used to make my day and she enjoyed riding in it. Sad day, but fond memories.

The driver that picked it up was super nice and he didn't mind as I stood around and watched him load it. I think he was tickled pink to take a ride in it from my house to his truck that was parked near the highway. I found out yesterday that it made it to Chris in CA. I hope he drives it all the time and enjoys it fully.

Maybe this will open up room in the future for a westy camper that the family can tour some National Parks in...

A guy can dream...





2 comments:

dorkpunch said...

Awe, that sucks. Been there, done that. I can usually only afford one project at a time, with the intent of "making money" on it at some point. Still kicking myself for selling a few of them- but the one that I miss most was my Daihatsu mini truck- a lot like your Single Cab. Someday maybe I can build you another Hot wheels version of it.

Frankie Flood said...

Yeah, it's a bummer, but I still have plenty of projects. I would take you up on the hot wheels version for sure.

Followers