Friday, February 6, 2015

cold weather ural



We have had quite a bit of snow lately and the temps really dropped here at the end of the week. I'm feeling more and more comfortable with the Ural though. The bike started easily yesterday even with -6 degree temps. It seems to like the cold conditions; I have to kick the left cylinder choke off almost 30 seconds after I start it, otherwise it will blubber around. The right cylinder runs a little colder though and I drop it back down after two minutes of run time. I think I'm going to have to put a new clutch in it when the weather warms up, but I should be able to get through winter before it's an issue. 

I can't ride the thing anywhere without getting stopped by people that want to talk about what it is, where it came from, and I get a million looks when I'm on the road, with smiles, thumbs up, and just general looks of interest. I frequently feel like I'm going to be late for meetings and class, due to the amount of time people spend talking about the Ural. Now if UWM would just put the snow somewhere else so I could park without the mountain climbing exercises.



No comments:

Followers