Friday, February 6, 2015

innovation accelerator: fortus






I took a tour of UWM's Innovation Accelerator Building on Wednesday. It's impressive space with many research labs including a few spaces that are leased to local institutions and businesses like Brooks Stevens Design for example. One of my colleagues, Jay, had been telling me for a while about the impressive prototyping facility that was going to be happening in the space. He had shared lists of equipment that would be present in the facility, but I wasn't prepared for the physical space with all of the equipment when I toured the facility on Wednesday. In the next few post, I'll share some of the highlights. The images above shows the Fortus 400mc that is visible from outside the lab as you walk past the window. It has a large print surface...





2 comments:

fabitecture said...

We tried to use some of the equipment this summer but is still in crates. It is great to see it coming along.

Have Blue said...

So... Very... Jealous...

Followers