Saturday, September 5, 2015

delta drill press/cnc mill and fusion 360


Chad just sent me a link to a video of his CNC Drill press cutting some foam patterns for a upcoming iron pour. It's good to see his Delta drill churning out some pieces. It looks like he's a Autodesk Fusion 360 CAM convert after our conversation the other day about the awesome things that Autodesk is doing. For more info read below:

Here is a quick video of the first cuts on my 1946 Delta drill press turned CNC router. I had originally pulled this drill press out of a trash pile and been using it for the past 7 years or so. It had many repairs and needed some attention. I used the post, base and pulley guard from a different Delta drill press I had purchased off of Craigslist. It has a Geckdrive G540 running the Nema 23 motors and a salvaged computer with Mach3. Everything was drawn using Rhino and Fusion 360. All CAD was done with Fusion 360 and it worked so well.


No comments:

Followers