Friday, January 29, 2016

jon broadfoot




I received an email from former student Jon Broadfoot today. Jon took a Intro Metals course with me and then planned on transferring to SCAD the following year. He decided to enroll in a Digital Fabrication course where he was the youngest student in the class. I taught how to build 3D printers in that course and Jon was the first student to complete his printer. Jon stuck around the next summer and worked for me in the DCRL on some various CNC projects. Jon left for SCAD and took his printer with him. Fast forward, Jon works in the rapid prototyping lab at SCAD and is about to complete his Industrial Design degree from SCAD. He just completed construction of this dual extruder Prusa i3. I'm so proud of Jon for being a "just do it" kind of guy. He'll be looking for work in the midwest when he completes his degree. Let me know if anyone wants a copy of his resume and portfolio.



No comments:

Followers