Wednesday, February 10, 2016

south saharan social development organization


I had a meeting with Jubilee's team from the South Saharan Social Development Organization on Monday. It was great to meet Barry, Elbert, and Eric and discuss the needs of many people in Nigeria. They visited the DCRL and we discussed 3D printing and software. 

It blows me away that there are so many people in the world that are being ignored and forgotten due to a disability. But is also makes me realize that many of the problems are not being addresses; as people just don't want to help others. I know it seems like an unsurmountable problem but I think it starts with one person helping another so that the seed can be planted. Just think what could happen if David receives some arms or adaptive devices that allow him to 3D model, 3D print, and assemble devices that could help others. This starts with finding your role in society and then starting to work on things that make a difference in the lives of the people in your community. Setting aside personal gain or recognition is the tough pill to swallow, but once you do you're free to help others and your heart fills with joy. That's the feeling I want everyday... knowing that I'm doing something that I'm meant to do and that is helping other achieve something.






No comments:

Followers