Tuesday, November 22, 2016

unt: touring texas






































































































James drove me to Fort Worth on the second day of my visit. I got to see the longhorns walk through town and then we went to a couple boot shops. One was a real tourist attraction and the other was an old school "for real" boot shop. The old shop had these beautiful Singer sewing machines and we had the distinct pleasure of chatting with the owner. She was a beautiful spirit and I very much enjoyed our conversation. James and I grabbed lunch at a local restaurant and then we headed out to the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth where we saw the KAWS exhibition. We then went over to the Kimbell Art Museum (sorry my phone died so no pics of either of these). James then took me to Justin, TX so we could look at more affordable boots and western wear at the infamous Justin Boots. I picked up a pearl buttoned shirt that was reminiscent of a shirt I had when I was a little boy. Then we went back to Denton, and attended two faculty exhibitions. We then went out to dinner at a restaurant that was opened by Jason Lee. My good friend Natalie Macellaio joined us for the exhibitions and dinner. I was so pleased to see her! We went to undergraduate together at EIU and she went through the same MA program that I did at EIU a year after I did. She is a great maker, awesome mother, and just the kindest person you will ever meet. We had such a good time catching up that night. I looked forward to talking more the next day at the Digital Fabrication group meeting. More on that and Natalie in the coming posts...


No comments:

Followers