I spent the last part of last week working on converting my office into the new App State Digital Craft Research Lab. I've been planning the layout in Rhino for the last several months. I was just dying to get started on this. Now that the semester is over, I was able to pull everything out of the office and into the main studio so I could paint, and start the "systematic assembly" of the new DCRL. On Thursday I made up several sections of wood that I could use for the french cleats. I got those hung on Thursday and started getting things into position on Friday. I ordered some butcher block tables for the space and I hope they come in soon. I'll work more on the space during this coming week. I need to have things in order for the new semester so we can utilize this space. This space will house several 3D printers, some machining tools, a laser cutter, and various sample boards and tools. I just received a University Research Council grant from App State so some of the new machines will go into this space. There are many opportunities coming up to be able to fund some of the new activities that I hope to engage in; it's exciting! Bryan is also starting his new DCRL at ACAD so it's cool to see the Digital Craft Research Lab spreading into other places.