Saturday, February 18, 2017

fj55 key












Today when I was working on reshaping my FJ55 bumper, I happened to notice a key bolted to the underside inner section of the bumper. I assume someone bolted it there in case they lost their key and needed another. When I bought the FJ55 I only received an ignition key and that key didn't work for the door locks or more importantly the rear tailgate lock. In order to open the rear tailgate from the outside you have to roll the rear electric window down. There is a switch on the dash that requires the key be in the ignition and in the "on" position. It turns out this key operates the ignition, doors, AND the rear tailgate window from the outside. I know it sounds dorky, but I was so excited to find this little treasure under the bumper. Now back to reshaping...






No comments:

Followers