I was able to get a new gear for my Delta (Ammco) Shaper a few weeks ago. The old gear had been damaged long ago before my Dad repaired it with jb weld or something similar. We just always made sure to not put the stoke in the position where it might put load on the repaired teeth. Once I took ownership, I ran the shaper a bit and even had a student make a set of knife handles with the a checker pattern. The repair ended up cracking and I had stripped the shaper down for a gear replacement right before I left Milwaukee. I was finally able to get to the repair and now have the shaper up and running again. It feels good to be making progress on these things. I was hoping this move would allow the time to make things like this happen.