Saturday, October 21, 2017

discommon goods










Eric sent me the images above from the Discommon Goods website. I've been sick with pneumonia for the last week. I thought I was over it but it's been back with a vengeance with fever and aches and pains. This has led to me laying on the couch and confined to the house for the last four days. Eric sending the images led me down the rabbit hole and suddenly I was watching the videos below. Eric and I have always talked about the design of an eclectic set of objects and it seems this firm is pulling it off. I'm intrigued to say the least. Their textured machining has reaffirmed some of the earlier work I did on some pizza cutters where the machining texture was a part of the overall design and it also relates to some of the things that Rachel and I have been working on with her spoon dies. I need to get well and get back to work. I feel worthless...









No comments:

Followers