Saturday, February 8, 2020

digital craft: progressive die forming















This past week I worked on a small hydraulic die forming sample for my class that will be used as a chasing and repousse sample this week. I wanted to show students how they could take an image and create progressive dies using the laser cutter and then die form the various indexed layers  to get the shape for the repousse section formed quickly. I die formed this relief in a little under 15 minutes with one single annealing. In the final photo I started drawing on the surface so I can get ready to trace the design for chasing the surface. I hope I can use this as a new door knocker on the house or studio.


I've had a few people ask me what the press looks like so I'll try to get a few process pics added soon.




No comments:

Followers