Saturday, August 8, 2009

h-d museum






Noah and I took Dad to the Harley Museum yesterday. It was good to go back and just take in some of the details that I missed the first time I was there. Jill bought me a membership so I can go anytime I want. I always tell myself that I should just go and spend some time there from time to time. To see how everything evolved, from making a motorcycle in a little shed to what the company is now, is humbling. Unlike some people, I'm not a die hard fan of Harley but nevertheless, you just can't ignore the history. I especially like the historical tie-ins that the exhibits make with the development of the city of Milwaukee.

I found myself looking at the leather seats more this time. This is probably due to Eric's recent project that uses leather (check it out; it's cool). There was also a great "barn find" 1912 Model 8-X-E that was up on the 3rd floor of the restoration area. The tires were literally rotting off of it. There was also an older model up on the lift that was in progress. It was great to see this too.

When we were finished, Noah and I drove Dad around and showed him the city.

No comments:

Followers