Saturday, January 1, 2011

old articles


I gave a bunch of these old printed articles from Popular Mechanics to my Dad for Christmas. I have a whole binder filled with these. I spent an entire night going back through these on Google Books and saving various pages from the scanned versions. It's a great way to waste some time... but build a library of knowledge.

It's amazing that there used to be regular articles on using a lathe to make things; every single month! I guess it's the equivalent of MAKE magazine, but the articles seem so much more useful; maybe I'm just nostalgic...

Anyway, go check out the scanned versions of Popular Mechanics and Popular Science from long ago. Look at the 30's-50's for some great practical knowledge stuff. If you're looking for a way to save individual pages and you use Safari, this extension will unhide the save as image option when you left click.



No comments:

Followers