Tuesday, March 15, 2011

long overdue kmg


















You might remember that I started working on a new grinder last summer http://frankieflood.blogspot.com/2010/07/kmg.html and as you can tell I get sidetracked or distracted very easily. This is the cause of all of the unfinished half started projects; well at least I think this is the cause. Anyway, I got back to work on the grinder today. I have some things I want to work on that require the grinder and so I figured I need to make a big push to finish it. Besides, I made a list of all of the unfinished things in the studio and this just happened to be at the top. I'm making myself go down the list in hopes that I can start crossing this off.

When we last left the grinder, I had just finished the frame and was minus wheels for it. I worked on the drive wheel and steering wheel today (among other things which I'll post soon) and I was able to get the drive wheel narrowed and mounted in place. It's 4 inches in diameter and keyed for the shaft that has a pulley on the other end. I also worked on boring the bearing seats in the steering wheel. It's slightly smaller than 4 inches in diameter. I also crowned it and made a sleeve so I could mount it. 

Looking good so far....

Stay focused...










No comments:

Followers