Tuesday, March 15, 2011

kmg platen attachment











I'm copying the kmg grinder from beaumont metalworks using the plans from don fogg. If you look at the plans they specify an older style of the platen attachment. I decided to build one like the one beaumont shows on their website. I used the plans I had and looked at videos on the website to make an educated guess at the dimensions of the platen attachment. Beaumont has the video above showing their cnc setup for this particular part. I decided to attack this manually and as I figured I could knock this out quickly. I really enjoy making parts like this. I started with a 1/2" thick piece of aluminum that was 12" x 6". I just took my time laying out the measurements.

Stay tuned and I'll give you a couple tips for doing the curved slot in the platen attachment in the next post.











No comments:

Followers