Tuesday, November 30, 2021

noah's ceramic studio












Andrea loaned Noah a wheel so he could set up a studio at home. She had it sitting outside her garage and she mainly does hand-building so she said he could borrow it.  He's been loving his ceramic class in high school and he has been spending a lot of time throwing, so he was thrilled to get the opportunity. It is so great to have friends like Andrea and Matt. Andrea reminds me of my friend Adream, as Andrea is just as compassionate and caring as my friend Adream was. I'm so thankful that Matt and Andrea came to Boone to live. I feel like I've known them both for a lifetime. It's not common for things to be that way.

We brought the wheel home and cleaned it up a bit and then Noah and I got to work moving things around in the basement. We cleared a space in the furnace room and he set-0up some shelves that we were storing paint on so he can put finished pieces there. He's been throwing a lot and even showing the girls. Maya has taken to it pretty quickly as well. I'm so glad that they all appreciate the act of working with materials and making things. I hope this gift and appreciation never slips away from them as they become adults. 

I made Noah a proper wedging table a few days later (not shown here). I have yet to install some more shelves for him and install a sheet or two of drywall to fully inclose the space. Once we get that done, he'll just need a kiln. I can't wait to see what all he makes.



 

No comments:

Followers