Saturday, November 13, 2021

thomas campbell














This past week Thomas Campbell contacted me about an upcoming exhibition he has happening at the Memphis Metals Museum. He was inquiring about getting some assistance with scaling some of the forms that he currently makes in order to be able to cut and bend some larger pieces that he will weld together for the larger objects being made for the Memphis exhibition. He sent me images of the sample pieces along with his template and I made a Rhino model for him and pulled some measurements for him to ensure that all of the pieces would be uniform form a concentric form. I'm a big fan, of Thomas, his work, his quiet demeanor, and especially his work ethic. He has a "put your head down and get to work" attitude that resonates with how I was raised. He's definitely "one to watch". 

By the way, Thomas shared the term "gore" with me. The word is worth looking up.

I can't wait to see the work for his upcoming show.





 

No comments:

Followers