Most of these are some stills taken from a videos of a Benelli collection. These Montgomery Wards Riverside Benellis have the right stance and they still have that classic Italian style of some of the early Italian brands. I have one these that has been waiting in the wings for a restoration except I've taken the later 360 Mojavi engine and stuffed it into the older style frame. It's a tight fit but it works. I picked up the front suspension a few years ago, and I just need to get some wheels for it, I have the hubs, just need the wheels. It looks like these have had wider rims laced so the owner can run wider rubber. I think the early rims were pretty thin like all of the Italian small boy racers of the day. They also all have shouldered aluminum rims; probably Borranis (but could be Akronts). It's funny how shouldered/flanged rims can make such a difference in the look of a bike. These are all good references for what I need to build though.






No comments:
Post a Comment