Tuesday, August 11, 2009

bleached metal tubes


I stripped the honda cafe apart yesterday. It's amazing how fast a motorcycle can be dismantled (I wish they went back together just as fast). It's interesting that most things you take apart are that way. I wonder why that is.....?

Anyway, I sandblasted the frame in preparation for powder coat. It just barely fit in the blast cabinet on campus. I'm going to try and powder coat the frame in the burnout kiln in Sculpture. I'll need to build a structure to hang it from, though. This will be one of the largest things I've powder coated before. Small stuff seems easy by comparison. I'll use my trusty little powder coat oven (toaster oven) to do all of the small brackets and such. I just need to blast all of these small brackets in the cabinet in my studio and then I'll be ready for a little color.

No comments:

Followers