Tuesday, August 11, 2009

pedal cycles





I've been intrigued by the images of the Seattle moped and the Japanese honda (not a pedal bike but still small) shown above. There's just something about these small displacement bikes. It's so simple and basic that you just can't help but like them.

I brought Poppie's moped to Milwaukee. I'm going to see if I can get it running once all of my projects are caught up. It's complete and the engine turns over. I don't think it would take much to get it running once the tiny carb was cleaned and some loose electrical ends tied up. As no surprise, he had kept the original Montgomery Ward manual for it. This particular model was made by Columbia and sold by MW. It's a 50cc two stroke.

3 comments:

eric said...

I DIDN'T KNOW YOU HAD ONE OF THOSE!!!! THAT'S NOT FAIR, I WANT IT!

naz said...

hey, it's my bike!

Frankie Flood said...

Is the second bike yours?

If so tell me more about it. It's awesome!!

Followers